woofers & barkers
Dogs and Horses Rolled Leather Slip Lead Red
Dogs and Horses Red Rolled Leather Slip Lead
Our classic rolled leather dog slip lead, in contemporary red with nickel plated brass O ring, handmade in England.
The thickness (gauge) is 10mm, constructed with a 6mm pre-stretched polyester cord around which we wrap, glue and stitch the soft leather. The internal rope is made for sheet and halyard use by yachtsmen - which means it won't rot if it gets wet, and has excellent strength and durability and a tensile strength into the hundreds of kilograms.
The length of the lead on an average size Labrador, for example, is about 80 - 90 cm from the nape of the neck to the start of the handle (overall length of the lead is taken up by the neck size. So, on a Springer Spaniel, the length to the handle will be longer than if the lead is used, for example, on a dog with a thicker collar/neck).
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- ROLLED LEATHER TO PROTECT THE COAT AND PREVENT KNOTS FROM FORMING
- SOFT SMOOTH LEATHER FOR YOUR DOG'S COMFORT
- INTERNAL ROPE CORD IS EXTRA STRONG AND WILL NOT ROT IF IT GETS WET
- LEATHER IS A NATURAL PRODUCT SO WON'T IRRITATE SENSITIVE SKIN
- HANDMADE IN LONDON
- STITCHED, NOT RIVETED - TRUE CRAFTSMANSHIP
- STITCHING IS LIFETIME GUARANTEED - UNRIVALLED SERVICE
- COLOUR-FAST FINE EUROPEAN LEATHER, BATTLE-TESTED AGAINST THE ELEMENTS, LONG-LASTING
- SOLID BRASS OR NICKEL-PLATED BRASS FITTINGS TO ENSURE STRENGTH OF THE COLLAR AND SECURITY OF YOUR DOG
- SOFT LEATHER HANDLE IS COMFORTABLE TO HOLD AND HANDLE